After a year of Distance Learning, we are happy to announce that TEACH Tech is ReOpening! Over the past year, the school has implemented a large number of preventative measures to protect our staff and students as we approach reopening. We believe that by taking these measures, we can tell every parent, without hesitation, that your child will be safe at TEACH.
The campus will be open for in-person learning two days a week:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8 am - 1:15 pm.
We will be reopening campus in two phases:
- Phase 1: Tuesday, April 6th - a) Special Education Students, b) English Learners, c) Students requested by school administration and d) Grade 11
- Phase 2: Tuesday, April 13th - Students that want to return in Grades 9, 10 and 12. We have been compiling a list from parents that responded to the survey we sent last week.
A few other notes:
- We have implemented many preventative measures (PPE usage, screening, testing, disinfecting surfaces, HEPA filters, social distancing, vaccines for staff, etc.) to reduce the risk of COVID exposure for staff and students.
- The campus will be open as early as 7:30 am to drop students off for their 8 am classes.
- On-campus students will be dismissed at 1:15 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- We will provide Grab and Go breakfasts and lunch on campus for students that attend in person on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- The bell schedule will remain the same.
- On-campus students will report to their Advisory classrooms for in-person learning.
- Advisory classrooms have a max capacity of 12 students (per LACDPH guidelines).
What does my child need to return?
If you are choosing to send your son/daughter to in-person instruction on Tuesdays and Thursdays keep in mind that they will need the following items:
- 9th - Light Blue shirt with TEACH logo and Black pants
- 10th - Burgundy shirt with TEACH logo shirt and Black pants
- 11th - Green shirt with TEACH logo and Black pants
- 9th-11th - Black, Brown, Gray, White and any mixture of those colors i.e black and white checkered vans)
- 12th - White collar shirt TEACH with logo, tie, and Tan/khaki pants with only (BLACK SHOES)
- All grades - Black sweater/jacket with TEACH logo
- All grades - Belt
- Face mask
- Faceshield (optional)
- Hand sanitizer (1fl oz/29mL)
- Computer and Charger
- Backpack, Books, Pencil/Pen, Notebooks/Paper
- Water bottle (Our water fountains will be inoperable to prevent frequent usage)
- Snack (optional, students will be provided with a grab and go breakfast and lunch)
As you know, we have a strict dress code policy:
- No hoodies
- No headgear
- No exposed jewelry (chains and necklaces must be tucked into uniform shirts)
- Earrings no bigger than a quarter
COVID Testing - Optional but highly recommended
Starting on Monday, April 5, 2021, TEACH Tech Charter High School will be facilitating optional ON-SITE COVID-19 rapid testing every:
- Monday morning from 7:15 am to 9 am
- Monday Afternoon from 2 pm to 4 pm
The tests will be provided by Nobility Health, Inc. and are free to all students and staff.
Testing is also available on-demand at the Nobility Health clinic at 1735 W. Manchester near campus.
To participate in the free COVID-19 testing, families must 1) complete an intake form with Nobility Health and 2) install the Navica application on their phone to receive test results.
Here is the intake form link: https://app.formdr.com/practice/MTI5NzY=/form/HDqkUqWhvEp5od1j76eDagJslUZb8FYx
The forms and Navica Installation need to be done only once.
Nobility Health will comply with all applicable Medicaid laws and regulations as well as applicable state and federal laws.
If you want your child to return to in-person instruction please respond to this email or call us so that we can reserve their spot.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns!
Main Office: 323-872-0707
Dr. Woodley, Principal - 213-800-2526
Mr. Ellis, Assistant, Principal - 562-661-0701
Mr. Ramirez, Parent Liaison - 323-605-2388